Individuals, families with children and extended families all enjoy a variety of recreational and social activities in Duncan. Much of our city’s appeal stems from a robust economy, low crime rate, moderate climate, and low cost of living. Easy flow of traffic and short commute times allow our citizens more time for leisurely pursuits.
Live, Work, Play!
The spirit that turned cowboys into legends, cattlemen into men of fortune, and oilmen into giants lives on in Duncan. Museums, antique stores, and special retreats all share Duncan's rich and colorful heritage. Year round events, recreational facilities, and outdoor activities renew residents and visitors with this spirit of adventure. Programs dedicated to the arts, culture, recreation and history are prevalent in the community.
Below are some of those facets that make living in Duncan so enjoyable:
- Chisholm Trail Arts Council
- Duncan Little Theatre
- Simmons Center: Recreation Facility, Convention Center, and Performing Arts Theatre
- Chisholm Trail Heritage Center and Garis Gallery of the American West
- Stephens County Historical Museum
- Historic Mainstreet Antique and Specialty Shopping District
- W.T. Foreman Prairie House
- Stephens County Fair & Expo Center
- Five Area Lakes
- Hunting and Fishing locations
- Golf Courses
- City Parks – with recreation for adults, children and families
City of Duncan
Duncan Chamber of Commerce
Duncan Convention & Visitors Bureau
Association of South Central Oklahoma Governments
Oklahoma Employment Security Commission
The Duncan Banner
Duncan Public Library